Do you have a business? Then you already know the benefits of having someone in the company dedicated to keeping your technology running without a hiccup.
But what if you are all thumbs when it comes to dealing with your business’ tech? You don’t need to worry that no one in your office can tell the difference between a web server and a restaurant server. There is a simple solution — just outsource all of your IT needs.
Get the answers you need to know before wasting your time and money on the wrong IT company.
Six Answers You Need to Know Before Selecting an IT Company in Greenville SC
- Which similar jobs have you completed successfully? Although every company has its own unique requirements when it comes to IT support, it is always worthwhile to get a general idea about what the IT company has been up to in the past. Before signing a service contract, ask about the role the company played in other businesses like yours. Don’t forget to get several references, and be sure to spend some time making calls.
- What are you willing to commit to our company? Even the best IT company can be ineffective if it is not dedicating enough resources to providing your business service. If you are a smaller business, you need to guarantee that your servicing won’t lose out to more significant clients. While you cannot expect an exclusive team of IT professionals handling your needs 24/7, you should at the very least demand that any IT company you hire is fast and reliable when dealing with tech issues. Ensure that the IT company you work with is available for assistance during your company’s business hours at the very least, and ideally that there is someone you can contact around the clock with any issues.
- How do you handle security? Unless an IT company has the proper plan in place along with the ability to protect your business and customer data from cybercriminals, you don’t want to work with it. Cybercrime is a growing concern for everyone, whether it is stopping phishing emails before they get to your business’ email server or shutting down an active hacker, your IT company needs to be able to get it done. You will also want to know if they are willing to the legal and financial liability if the security fails.
- How and how much are you going to charge me? Each IT company has a unique way of charging clients for its services. Some use a flat per-user fee while others prefer to charge you an hourly rate. Issues around billing can get confusing, so be sure to get any potential IT company to clearly spell out their billing structures including which products and services are included and which ones will incur additional charges and the amount of those costs. The different billing methods can make it difficult to make a direct comparison between companies, so don’t be afraid to ask for an estimated monthly bill for a company of your size.
- Does the IT company outsource techs or use only an in-house staff? Just because you are contracting your IT service to one particular company, it doesn’t mean that the people handling your account are actually that company’s employees. When your IT company uses subcontracted labor, certain security and dependability risks can arise. Therefore, it is critical the IT company you work with uses proper risk management when using third-party vendors, so find out how they choose their vendors. You should be particularly cautious of a company which outsources its help desk to a third-party since doing so often results in longer call times and inconsistent results.
- Do you offer any guarantees? Does the company offer any guarantees regarding response times or operating hours, and what happens if these guarantees are not met? You should also have a clear understanding of the terms of the contract. Hopefully, you will choose the right IT company, but if you are unhappy with the quality of the service, are you going to stuck in a contract you no longer want? Find out how you can terminate an agreement early, and any additional costs involved if you choose to do so.
The choice of your IT company in Greenville, SC is important. Take your time and make sure you make the right one.