How can an organization in the non-emergency medical transportation industry use VoIP technologies and newer business telephone systems to improve services, administrative efficiency, and profitability?
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is today’s state-of-the-art business telecommunications technology, using the Internet for transmitting calls, instead of the increasingly outmoded circuit-switch systems of traditional phone companies. VoIP telephone systems for business are far more sophisticated than consumer-grade VoIP equipment and services. Business VoIP brings the powerful added functionality of Hosted Private Branch Exchange (PBX), including features such as auto-attendants, desk-to-desk calling, conference calling, desk-to-desk calling, and so many others.
There are, as you’ve probably already gathered, many examples of ways non-emergency medical transportation providers can use VoIP technologies and state-of-the-art business phone services, especially those with hosted PBX. These advanced systems can help medical transportation companies expand their interactive capacity and improve the overall reliability, quality, and sophistication of their communications systems, all while saving over the cost of a traditional system with far fewer modern business capabilities.
Should You Upgrade Your Medical Transportation Company’s Phone System?
Recently, a non-emergency medical transportation company in Mauldin, SC reached out to Cyber Solutions about installing a new telephone system. Here we want to share some helpful general information about the vast array of features and benefits of advanced business communications technologies for the medical transportation industry.
We will look at ways that these top business communications systems can significantly improve operational efficiency and reduce costs for non-emergency medical transportation companies.
Use this information to help you determine whether or not upgrading to a VoIP phone system with hosted PBX can make a significant difference in your business’s operational and financial performance.
Advantages of VoIP for Medical Transport Companies
Some of the key benefits for medical transportation businesses using a web-facilitated phone, fax, and digital conferencing services include:
- Maximum mobility
- Unparalleled flexibility for users
- Unimpeded communications flow in disaster situations,
- Major cost savings
- Rapid scalability
- Administrative convenience
- Others benefits
Consider some of the essential ways in which medical transportation providers in the office, in the field and on business travel demonstrate the significant benefits that updated systems deliver for users. Remote medical transport workers have much easier and more secure access to an excellent array of intuitive office communications system features with VoIP phone systems.
Some of the essential functions VoIP PBX offer medical transportation providers include:
- Customized routing of inbound calls, for much faster and more efficient call processing
- Smartphone and cell phone integration
- Unified messaging (fax and voicemail-to-email)
- Call monitoring
- Call recording
- Failover to help ensure business continuity
- Call accounting
- Call reporting
The Best Phone Services For Medical Transportation Organizations
Today, VoIP and mobile communications capabilities have become understood by large companies across all industries as necessities for transportation and other logistics, when drivers and office employees must remain seamlessly connected.
Small to medium-sized medical transportation companies have unique needs for the world’s most optimally reliable and flexible communications systems solutions at affordable prices. VoIP systems deliver on systems requirements while saving significantly on equipment purchasing and eliminating tech support charges. (They’re also easier to use.)
In addition to higher upfront installation costs, old-style proprietary phone communications systems need multiple layers of support, and they come with imposed fees for license and maintenance per extension. A comprehensive PBX VoIP phone service eliminates all of these.
Instead, a wide range of endpoints is integrated, allowing existing equipment to remain in use as additional tablets, smartphones and other new devices are brought into the network. Also, voice and data services can be used over the same channel, which reduces costs and simpliﬁes management of communications.
Big-Company Communications Systems Now For Small Businesses
Small and medium-sized medical transportation companies can now operate with the significant communications advantages that larger companies have enjoyed from having optimally reliable, flexible and efficient technology.
You can acquire and deploy these easy-to-use cutting-edge communications technologies for less than the expense of antiquated traditional phone systems. VoIP business phones can save companies from 30-50% compared to the phone bills for the use of conventional systems. VoIP also eliminates the many functional constraints of typical traditional telephone systems.
Customized VoIP communications systems:
- Accommodate employees who are in one or multiple locations, working at the desk only or mobile only.
- Can be readily scaled up or downsized. No additional equipment purchase is necessary, and you can delete services and phones as needed.
- Can keep your team members connected during weather conditions that previously caused your business phone service to fail.
VoIP offers a flexible, customizable business communications system, including:
Business Continuity During a Disaster with VoIP Systems
Your VoIP PBX phone system will continue to be reliable during a natural disaster in your area because your system is hosted and continuously monitored and maintained 24/7. Even during power and internet outages, you can receive and make calls using your smartphone or other mobile devices, and receive business messages via your auto-attendant function. You can also have your voicemail messages and faxes routed to your email. These capabilities help your business stay up and running.
What PBX Does for Your Business Through Your VoIP System
The unique PBX architecture transforms phones from limited answering machine features into initiators of business processes, effectively performing as new business generators. Some of the operational benefits PBX offers include these, among many others:
- Even if you don’t have a physical location to house a phone center, with PBX, you can set up a virtual call center to manage all of your customer support employees as a team.
- Users can maintain connections while switching calls between phones and departments, which eliminates the often rampant problem of losing calls.
- The system automatically distributes incoming calls evenly across your call center.
- Call metrics, statistics and recording tools provide information resources to increase management efficiency of your workforce.
- Cloud Phone Systems providers absorb much of the cost of equipment and tech support service, making PBX especially budget-friendly—a key benefit for smaller transportation businesses.
These and many other functional advantages of VoIP mean important service and financial benefits of PBX for medical transportation providers: increased systems stability and efficiency, improved the user experience for company customers and employees, reduced expense, reduced risk of income loss, and myriad others.
Plug-In Anywhere, and Your VoIP Phone System is Operational
One exceptional feature of VoIP systems is the ability to plug into the internet and start making and receiving telephone calls anywhere, just as if you were at your office. Some VoIP systems enable the use of software-based telephones that you can even run on your laptop or hand-held devices.
VoIP systems use your company’s existing LAN, bypassing the need for you to subscribe to local phone services and conventional long-distance services. Usually, your broadband has enough bandwidth not to slow down the use of your network.
Converting to VoIP is Seamless and Easy
Everything to be done with your VoIP PBX communications system. There’s nothing for you ever to do, other than enjoying the versatility and feature-rich service of your powerful business phone technology.
- Unified Communications — Your IT services provider can handle new SIP trunking, if necessary, to bring your unified digital communications and phones to your IP PBX for you.
- The convenience of Relocating With a VoIP Phone System — If you relocate your business operations, you can keep all of your phone numbers and your extensions. And, with VoIP, resuming your services is much quicker and less intrusive than traditional phone systems setups.
- Cost-effectiveness of Transitioning to VoIP — Today’s PBX-hosted VoIP communications systems make the transition from more traditional business telecommunications systems uniquely easy and less expensive than conventional phone systems purchase and installation.
Some providers service and integrate both VoIP and analog phones, to give you the freedom to transition all or just some of your devices, as desired.
For More Information About Phone Services For Medical Transportation Organizations
Cyber Solutions provides Managed IT Services and VoIP business telephone services with hosted PBX, in Anderson and Greenville, South Carolina. Contact Cyber Solutions Inc. at (864) 224-0008, for more information about advanced communications technologies for medical transportation companies. Ask for a no-obligation communications needs analysis, demonstration, and estimate.